Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mudbug Madness

I ran in my first 5K back at the end of May. I decided to run it after only running regularly for about a week. I have never been able to run the full thing and still can't, but I'm getting better. I ran/walked it in about 45min. I cried over my time because I was disappointed in myself. This week was the first time I was able to run a full mile without having to walk. At least I'm seeing an improvement there,because I sure dont see it on the scale! It is frustrating when I'm working my butt off everyday at the gym and watching what I eat and nothing happens. Why do I even bother. Anyways, our whole family is taking part in the Firecracker 5k on the the 4th of July. We are going to take turns pushing the stroller and G is going to run/walk. We hope to run a 5k once a month.





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

congrats on your 5k! running is tough but so good for stress and health. keep it up!

Carrie said...

AWESOME! SO PROUD OF YOU. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED, YOU'LL PICK UP THE PACE IN NO TIME AND BTW YOUR TIME you ran IS NOT BAD at all.

I CAN TELL YOU THAT WHEN I USED TO RUN ON THE TREADMILL, AND THEN RAN OUTSIDE I FOUND IT SO MUCH HARDER. (HARDER OUTSIDE)