Tuesday, May 25, 2010

G's Kindergarten Celebration!

G and is diploma G and Mawmaw Gordon The family (M was at friend's house. I didn't know how long we would be at the celebration.) G and Ms. Kidwell G, Luke, and Walker I can't believe my baby boy has completed kindergarten!! I cried this morning in bed. It's all bittersweet! I enjoy that he is older and more independent, but also sad since he needs me less and less. I felt so old this morning. I can't imagine what I'll feel like when the baby is graduating. University had their kindergarten celebration at Gateway Church. The school could not hold everyone. There were over 160 kindergarten kids this year at the school. Gateway was nice enough to open their doors. The kids sang about 5 songs and then showed a DVD of clips from the year. G had grown so much this year physically, spiritually, mentally. He has had a Christian teacher who has loved on all her students. He can read books, excels at math, and loves to learn about the Presidents. His best friends at school were Walker, Joshua, and Luke. After much prayer and thought, G will be going to a different school in the fall, as will his best buddy, Walker. We have enjoyed the location of UES and his teacher, but the size of the school is way too big. There are many opportunities G is missing out on by being at such a large school. The school is built for around 500 students. There are over 1200 students attending this year. We will be sending him to a much smaller, private school in the fall. We are very excited about all the possibilities and learning experiences!

1 comment:

TheFancyFritter said...

Awe! Congrats to your baby boy! He is looking so big!! Hoping everything goes great with the new school!