Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yard Sales

I love to go to yard sales. It's like going on a treasure hunt. I especially like when I find items that I've been looking for at cheap prices. I love to have other people spend their money on the big ticket items, especially baby items. Baby items are the best to buy at yard sales since babies don't use the item for very long. There are some things that I will not buy like undergarments, bottles, stuffed animals to name a few. Yesterday was such a great day for yard sales. Grant and I left the house around 6ish and headed out. G loves to go with me. In the past, I've given him money to spend, but yesterday, I made him bring some of his own money. He bought a couple of action figures and this really neat wiggle racer car (which I'm on the hunt for another since the boys have been fighting over it). Saturday mornings have been turned into a special time for G and I to spend together and talk.
This is the loot. I spent between $35 and $40.

This is everything.

I found these jon jons and smocked outfits for a $1 a piece. I plan on saleing them at local consignment shop here in town where I can easily make $20 on each piece.
I also found a soft white patty blanket(.25)and precious,white, bib (.25), a couple of gowns and some LSU sleepers for the baby.

I found this Ralph Lauren Sweater for Dan for .50!! That was by far the best deal of the day. I also got a pack of white onesies that I plan on putting appliques on for presents. The shelf I'm going to strip and redo for the baby's room.

I found a couple a applique outfits for the fall for M for about $1 a piece. Also found some other fall clothes from the Children's place and Gap. Some stuffing to make pillows and 2 pillow cases that I'm going to try and turn into pillow case dresses for a friend.Some decorative stuff for the house and a Bumbo seat with tray for $5.

I found a couple of shirts and pants for G. Also these Adias shoes only worn a couple of times. I found my Halloween costume a flapper dress.

No comments: