Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hidden Oaks Farm

I went with to G on his last field trip of the year. They went out to Haughton to a petting zoo, Hidden Oaks Farm. G rode the bus and I drove out there to meet them. Well, my GPS took me to the wrong place. It took me to a power plant. I started to get worried and felt like a horrible mom. I thought G was going to get there and be upset. I drove around for about 45 mins looking for the place. My phone had no reception, so I couldn't call anyone. I finally drove into town and stopped at a store. They pointed me in the right direction and I was finally able to get ahold of Dan who gave me better directions. I finally got there thinking I'm so very late. When I pulled in the kids were just getting off the bus. They left school later than they wanted to since the bus was late. So G had no idea that I was late! Another mom showed up about 30 mins later saying her GPS took her to the same power plant! This is like the 3rd time my GPS has taken me to the wrong place. The actually farm ended up only being about 20 mins from my house going in the opposite direction than my GPS told me to go!
G had a blast playing on the swing set, riding the train, and feeding the animals. His favorite was this little bitty goat. He was smaller than our dog, Gunner. He came right up to G wanting the food. We stayed for about 3 hours.







No comments: